The Great Seal of the State of Ohio

P.O. Box 7
1670 Walker Street
Graytown, OH 43432
(419) 862-3774



Category Amount
1. One-Family Dwelling $75.00
2. Two-Family Dwelling $65.00 /unit
3. Multi-Family Dwelling $65.00 /unit
4. Trailer Courts $40.00 /unit
5. Residential Additions $60.00
6. Commercial $130.00
up to 1000 sq. ft. + $5.00 each additional 100 sq. ft.
7. Industrial $130.00
up to 1000 sq. ft. + $5.00 each additional 100 sq. ft.
8. Garages and Accessory Buildings  $60.00
9. Fences and Decks $35.00
10. Signs $35.00
11. Swimming Pools $55.00
12. Retention Ponds $55.00
13. Wind Powered Generator Towers $60.00
14. Amendments $325.00*
15. Conditional Use and Variances  $275.00
16. Book Purchase Fee $15.00
*Additional charges will be assessed for Ottawa County Recorder fees required for approved changes.
Cancellation Policy for Zoning Amendment and/or Variance Applications:
Cancellation of any zoning hearing for any Amendment and/or Variance must be made by the applicant, in writing, prior to the meeting being advertised. Once expenses for postage, advertising and/or meeting fees have occurred due to a submitted application, the Trustees may determine a partial refund if requested, in writing, by the applicant. The Zoning Inspector must provide notice of said cancellation policy upon submission of any Amendment or Variance application.


The Benton Township Zoning Commission will hold their regular meetings in the Benton Township Hall on the second Wednesday evening of odd numbered months resulting in the following dates and times:

JAN 8, 7:30 p.m. MAR 11, 7:30 p.m. MAY 13, 7:30 p.m.
JUL 8 ,7:30 p.m. SEPT 9, 7:30 p.m. NOV  11, 7:30 p.m.


The Benton Township Zoning Inspector will be available in the Township Hall to issue permits every Tuesday evening from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Zoning Inspector, Alan Seeger Phone: 419-343-8587.


NOTE: In order to view the forms, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can obtain information or download the reader from:
Get Adobe Reader
Application for Zoning Certificate Benton Township Pond Approval  
Application for Variance Application for Conditional Uses Request for Zoning Change
Benton Township Zoning Book    
Benton Township Agricultutural Exemption Ottawa County Application for Agricultural Use Buildings   

Back to Top